Friday, March 6, 2009

Module 3 Blog

In the multiple intelligence test that I took, my results surprised me.  I had a tie between musical and logical-mathematical.  The one that surprised me was math.  I don't really enjoy it, but I do ok in it, so I thought that would be my lowest score.  I was also surprised that I scored high in music. I love music, I play the piano and enjoy a good tune, but I don't think of myself as a musician of any sort.  Only one point behind was the interpersonal category, which makes sense because I am a nurse and love my job.  My lowest score was in spatial-visual.  I am not the creative, decorative type of person, although I would love to be.  The technologies I need to incorporate to augment my personal learning would be to take more art classes and self-reflective activities.  I learn well using numbers, logic, music, rhythm, teamwork and cooperation, so I need to step outside my comfort zone and learn other methods to become more well-rounded.

2 comments:

  1. I have often wondered how time and life situations change these intelligence tests. How accurate are they? It would seem that as our our situations change strengths that may not have been notives previously rise to the top. Do you think the results of the tests would change?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and very pink blog! I like your pictures as well.

    Remember that just because you identified math as a strength, that doesn't necessarily mean you should be good at it or like it. It suggests that logic and sequence may serve you well in your learning style.

    Accurate??? well... if you take it again today, you may very well get very different results. The point is not to get a perfectly accurate result, but get a feel for how you might better learn... and teach others.

    ReplyDelete